Are you ready to aquacise?
We offer Water-Aerobic classes twice a week for 45 min. This is a keep fit class, and it does not matter what fitness level you are at, as you work at your own time and pace, in a tranquil environment. This is all done to music. Exercise in water is fun and always gives you a good work out.
If you have never been an athlete or even a weekend sports enthusiast, you’ve probably also managed to avoid regular physical exercise. What this means is that you’re probably not physically fit!
Most non-athletes associate exercise with hard work, stiff and sore muscles, perspiration and dubious results. None of these thoughts makes it easier to begin any sort of exercise programme, but we have a pleasant surprise for those of you who want to be fit and dread what it takes to get there.
Aquacise has the following benefits:
- There is very little gravitational pull in water because of its buoyancy and therefore we seldom have stiff muscles.
- Water offers a constant gentle resistance which causes the body to react in a way which tones the muscles.
- Because water is normally cool, we do not perspire, therefore there is little danger of increasing body temperature.
- It is advantageous to overweight people.
- Water is used by Physiotherapists and Psychologists to relax and calm patients.
- The constant pressure of the water on the body increases the pressure on the intercostals muscles, lungs and heart thereby forcing them to work harder.
- There are no undesirable side effects.
Aquacises can be used to attain different goals, such as:
- cardio-vascular fitness
- Muscle toning
- Muscle rehabilitation
- Cross Training